Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts Brno (JAMU)
2. Reason and method of establishment
JAMU is an art public higher education institution. JAMU is a legal person established by Act No 168/1947 Sb., on the establishment of the Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts Brno.
Standing at the top of the education system, higher education institutions are the highest centres of education, independent knowledge and creative activity and they play a key role in the scientific, cultural, social and economic development of society by:
- a) preserving and expanding the acquired knowledge and, depending on their type and focus, cultivating scientific, research, development and innovation, artistic or other creative activities;
- b) allowing, in accordance with the democratic principles, access to higher education, the acquisition of appropriate professional qualifications and training for research work and other demanding professional activities;
- c) providing other forms of education and enabling the acquisition, extension, deepening or renewal of knowledge from different fields of learning and culture, thus participating in lifelong learning;
- d) playing an active role in the public debate on social and ethical issues, in fostering cultural diversity and mutual understanding, in shaping civil society and preparing young people for life therein;
- e) contributing to development at the national and regional level and cooperating with various State administration bodies, self-governments, business and the cultural sphere;
- f) developing international and especially European cooperation as an essential dimension of their activities, supporting joint projects with similar institutions abroad, mutual recognition of studies and diplomas, as well as exchange of academic staff and students. The reason and method of establishing the obligated entity, including the conditions and principles under which it pursues its activities.
The superior authority in accordance with Section 20(5) of Act No 106/1999 Sb., on free access to information, as amended, is the Office for Personal Data Protection. In accordance with Section 87 of Act No 111/1998 Sb., on higher education institutions and amending certain other acts (the Higher Education Institutions Act), as amended, the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports performs the tasks of the superior administrative authority of JAMU in administrative proceedings conducted within the performance of State administration.
4. Contact data
4.1 Postal address
Statutory seat (and Rector’s Office):
Beethovenova 650/2, 662 15 Brno
Data box ID: 7ckj9g2
Faculty of Theatre:
Mozartova 647/1, 662 15 Brno
Faculty of Music:
Komenského náměstí 609/6, 662 15 Brno
Theatre on Orlí Street:
Orlí 522/19, 602 00 Brno
Publishing House, Library and Astorka:
Novobranská 691/3, 662 15 Brno
Theatre Studio Marta:
Bayerova 575/5, 602 00 Brno
4.2. Office address for personal visits
The address of the offices for personal visits are identical to the information provided in point 4.1 Postal address.
4.3 Office hours
|Registry office:||Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 11:00 am, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm|
|Secretariat:||Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 11:30 am, 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Student affairs:||Mon 9:30 am – 10:30 am|
|Wed 10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Cash office:||Mon, Wed, Thu 9:30 am – 11:30 am 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm|
|Tue, Fri 9:30 am – 11:30 am|
|Faculty of Theatre|
|Registry office:||Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm|
|Student affairs:||Mon, Tue 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Wed, Thu 10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Faculty of Music|
|Registry office:||Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 11:00 am|
|Student affairs:||Mon – Fri 10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Theatre on Orlí Street|
|Registry office:||Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 11:00 am 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Publishing House||Mon, Thu 10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Tue, Wed, Fri 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|INFORMATION CENTRE:||Mon, Thu 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Tue, Wed, Fri 8:30 am – 12:00 am|
|Library:||Mon, Wed 9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tue, Thu 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Fri 9:00 am – 3:00 pm|
|Registry office:||Mon – Fri 8:30 am – 11:00 am 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Theatre Studio Marta||Per previous agreement|
4.4 Phone numbers
Reception: +420 542 591 100
Secretariat: + 420 542 591 101, 102
Faculty of Theatre
Reception: +420 542 591 300
Faculty of Music
Reception: +420 542 591 666
Theatre on Orlí Street
Reception: +420 542 591 800
+420 542 592 206
+420 542 592 105
Lending desk: +420 542 592 204
Secretariat: +420 542 592 111
Theatre Studio Marta
+420 542 591 511
+420 542 591 512
4.5 Fax numbers
+420 542 591 140
4.6 Internet address
4.7 Address of the electronic registry office
4.8 Other electronic addresses
Other electronic addresses of the obliged entity, or other addresses of the obliged entity’s employees.
A hyperlink shall be provided.
For each email address, detailed information (intended use, or the name of the addressee) shall be provided.
Data box ID: 7ckj9g2
5. Prospective payments (bank details)
Scholarship fund (fees for prolonged studies): 27 – 503110287/0100
Astorka dormitories (payments for accommodation and related services, garage rental): 27 – 493910247/0100
Current account for all other payments: 27 – 493900217/0100
6. Company ID No.
7. Tax ID No.
8. Requests for information
- Submission of requests in person, by telephone, to the address of the JAMU Rector’s Office or one of the registry offices.
9. Receipt of requests
- A request or complaint, submission of a proposal, initiative or other letters rogatory or decision on the rights and obligations of persons may be made, in matters relating to any of the faculties, at the relevant faculty, otherwise at the JAMU Rector’s Office. See addresses and contact details above.
- An appeal against the decision of the Dean of one of the faculties on non-admission or on the rights and obligations of a student, with the exception of the decision on the assessed fee associated with the studies, may be filed with the Rector of JAMU through the Dean of the relevant faculty; the place for lodging an appeal in such a case is the relevant faculty.
- An appeal may be lodged with the Rector of JAMU against the decision of the Vice-Rector on the assessment of the fee associated with the study through the relevant Vice-Rector; the place for lodging an appeal in such a case is the Rector’s Office.
- The appeal period is 30 days from the notification of the decision.
- A candidate may lodge appeals pertaining to habilitation procedures and procedures for full professorship appointment within 30 days. If the Dean does not grant the appeal, he or she shall forward it to the Rector for a decision; the Rector’s decision is final.
- There are no binding forms for lodging appeals.
- An appeal must state who is lodging the appeal (name, surname, date of birth and permanent residence), against what decision or procedure the appeal is directed, the extent to which the decision or procedure is challenged and what constitutes the conflict with the law or the incorrectness of the decision or the preceding procedure or the process, as well as what the applicant requests or seeks. The appeal must contain the designation of the administrative authority to which it is addressed and the signature of the person lodging it.
11. Descriptions of procedures – instructions for dealing with life situations
- The description of procedures is contained in the Internal Regulations of JAMU available in the JAMU Journal.
12.1 The most important regulations used
- Act No 111/1998 Sb., on higher education institutions and amending other acts (the Higher Education Institutions Act), as amended or here.
- Act No 500/2004 Sb., the Administrative Procedure Code, as amended or here.
- Act No 106/1999 Sb., on free access to information, as amended or here.
- The physical copies of regulations are available for inspection at the Legal and Organisational Department of the JAMU Rector’s Office.
12.2 Legal regulations issued
- JAMU does not issue legal regulations.
13. Fees for provision of information
- In connection with the provision of information, JAMU is entitled to demand payment in an amount which may not exceed the costs associated with searching for information, making copies, providing technical data carriers and sending the information to the requesting person.
- The following price list applies to the compensation for costs associated with the provision of information (prices are listed excluding VAT; VAT will be added in the statutory amount):
Costs associated with the acquisition of reprographic copies
|black and white||A4 format||one-sided copy||CZK 1.50|
|double-sided copy||CZK 2.00
|A3 format||one-sided copy||CZK 2.50|
|double-sided copy||CZK 3.50
|colour||A4 format||one-sided copy||CZK 12.00|
|A3 format||one-sided copy||CZK 18.00|
|double-sided copy||CZK 36.00|
Costs associated with the acquisition of a data carrier based on its acquisition costs.
Personnel costs, if the time of processing and searching for information exceeds one hour, the rate is CZK 250 for each man-hour or part thereof.
The total reimbursement is determined by the sum of the individual costs listed above.
14. Licence Agreements
No licence agreements in accordance with Section 14a of Act No 106/1999 Sb. are required for the provision of information by JAMU.
15. Annual report in accordance with Act No 106/1999 Sb.
JAMU includes data on its activities related to provision of information in the general annual report as a separate part thereof.