The field of Audiovisual Production and Theatre responds to the new artistic and technological needs of contemporary theatre, conceived as a live interactive art, including the need for artistic reflection and qualified audiovisual documentation of dramatic production
The aim of the field of Audiovisual Production and Theatre is to equip students with professional technical and technological skills as well as with theoretical knowledge necessary for the development of their future audiovisual and structured multimedia production related to dramatic arts. At the same time, the field creates a space for developing students’ artistic and creative abilities in an area where audiovisual media and dramatic performing arts are interconnected.
The field is basically profiled into the following four specific, but mutually complementary areas of matters related to audiovisual production and theatre:
(1) audiovisual production and technology as an integral part of a theatrical event (scenography, performance, light design);
(2) art and technology of photography, i.e. static image as a necessary artistic prerequisite for dramatic and film production;
(3) creation of theatre-related audiovisual records in terms of theatrical journalism, documentary genres and the issues of various types of theatrical recording;
(4) the art of adapting a theatrical work into a film and vice versa.
The entry of electronic audiovisual means of expression into theatrical creation has opened up space for new specific artistic disciplines, from live multimedia productions with audiovisual elements, through adaptations of originally theatrical forms, to live broadcasts of theatrical performances and dramatic activities. The art forms created in this way currently have several uses. For example, they become part of the programme offer of mass media and they address the widest audience in their audiovisual form. This significantly expands the possibility of mapping theatrical potential throughout the birth of a theatrical form. If the outputs are of sufficient quality, the recordings created in this way also acquire the dimension of a document, enabling a retrospective reflection of an otherwise difficult to transfer and fleeting theatrical experience. This increases the possibility to more comprehensively monitor the development of dramatic, performing arts and it fundamentally changes the conditions of professional theoretical documentation and research in this field.
The studio’s credo is to prepare creators who will be well versed in the new intermedia space of arts, educated, creative, artistically and technologically capable of creating their own audiovisual-theatrical projects. To create such individuals, it is ideal to lead the future creators to appropriate reflection on the development of theatre and stage forms both on the level of personal creation and in the historical context.
A student of the field will receive theoretical education in the field of theatre and audiovisual production, undergo practical exercises and prepare a graduation project, during which he or she will develop his or her creative talent and acquire expression, as well as technical and technological skills. At the end of the studies, such student is professionally prepared and educated in the field of electronic and digital recordings for the creation, processing and dissemination of audiovisual works and for the application of interactive media in theatre projects.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- graduates are capable of independent artistic creation, artistic performance, including critical reflection and self-reflection, able to define a complex practical or theoretical problem and solve it in a creative way using selected theories, methods, pr
- they can create an original, publicly presentable author’s work of art, or adaptation with audiovisual elements of the theatre and other forms of performance art;
- they are able to create an original work of art or to collaborate with significant contribution on various formats of television theatre journalism, television broadcasts and recordings of theatre performances, up to adaptations for television or even fi
- they can create an original exhibition, publication or publish in electronic form a theatrical photograph, both documentary and arranged, including other forms of performance art;
- they can not only conceive their own artistic performance, but also lead a group in the process of artistic creation, flexibly adapt the dramaturgical-directing concept, technological design, production and post-production;
- they are able to handle the social, economic and copyright-law consequences of their own artistic creation;
- when solving practical issues of the field and creating projects, they use the acquired knowledge, basic procedures and methods of the field in a way that brings inspiring stimuli, dealing with the problem using creative solutions;
- they are able to theoretically process in written expression and depict in an artistic performance a certain topic on a professional level using an independently chosen method;
- they present the original artistic performance of their own or the whole team to the public, even at an international forum, and are ready to take full responsibility for the group’s efforts.
Students must enrol in and complete courses marked as the field basics. They supplement their study plan with personal specialisation courses from the offer of their studio and the Faculty of Theatre.
Úspěšné absolvování všech předmětů označených jako základ oboru.
Dosažení minimálně 120 kreditů.
Obsah a rozsah závěrečné zkoušky
Divadlo a audiovize II
Obhajoba magisterské diplomové práce
Obhajoba magisterského absolventského projektu
|Field of study specification|
|Type||Follow-up Master’s Single-subject degree programmes|
|Length of studies||2 Years|
|Field of study guaranteed by||Theatre Faculty|
Accredited until 31. 12. 2024