The aim of the field is to create highly qualified music artists with an emphasis on the study of a wide repertoire composed of all stylistic periods
Preparation for a professionally oriented employment in pedagogy for the level of primary art schools, conservatories, music grammar schools and universities (music academies).
A graduate of a bachelor’s programme in a given or related field, whose graduate project and bachelor’s thesis demonstrate are of excellent quality, and whose skills and knowledge meet the preconditions for successful study at the master’s degree level. An applicant with clear motivation and interest in further and deeper education in the field of music, who is also interested in culture as a whole. Someone who is proficient in at least one global language at the university level with emphasis on musical terminology.
A graduate will:
– have advanced skills in working with chamber ensembles, symphony orchestras and choirs;
– demonstrate deep knowledge of the repertoire of the field;
– have his or her own artistic opinion on the interpretation of compositions of various stylistic periods;
– be familiar with the aesthetics of art, as well as with the development of artistic trends;
– have practical experience gained from working on faculty or school-wide projects (chamber and orchestral projects, often with international participation) or experience gained through a study stay abroad;
– have excellent proficiency in one foreign language, including professional terminology, as well as sufficient proficiency in another language
– have mastered the basic skills of scientific work.
During the study, the graduate will meet foreign experts in the field of conducting and the history and repertory of the field.
After successfully completing his/her studies the graduate is able to:
- demonstrate broad professional knowledge in the field of choir repertoire, music history and the development of styles, deep knowledge of contemporary trends in teaching methodology and be well versed in secondary professional literature (including forei
- use the acquired skills in demonstrating a highly profiled technique of conducting technique, in playing the piano, interpretation of various stylistic periods, including contemporary and historical music, etc.;
- apply the general skills of flexible working with a team and effectively use the preparation phase and motivate the performers to optimal performances, etc.;
- demonstrate excellent proficiency in one foreign language, including professional terminology
- mastered the basic skills of scientific work.
The graduate can work in the following characteristic professions:
- a conductor of a chamber, symphony, theatre orchestra or other instrumental group, a choirmaster;
– music director for music recording in radio, television, on CDs, etc.;
– various media positions (music editorial staff, reviews...);
– teacher at primary art schools, conservatories, art universities.
The graduate can work in the following relevant professions:
– artistic director of musical theatres, orchestras and choirs;
– various managerial positions (organisation of music festivals, agency activities, etc.);
– music dramaturge of an art ensemble, art agency, music festival, in all types of theatres, etc.
The study plan consists of compulsory, elective and optional courses and of compulsory artistic study outputs.
Student musí získat 60 kreditů za každý rok studia a ukončit studium státní závěrečnou zkouškou z vybraných předmětů, obhajobou absolventského výkonu a obhajobou diplomové práce.
Obsah a rozsah závěrečné zkoušky:
Obhajoba absolventského projektu, Obhajoba diplomové práce, Filosofie umění, Repertoár oboru II
|Field of study specification|
|Type||Follow-up Master’s Single-subject degree programmes|
|Length of studies||5 Years|
|Field of study guaranteed by||Faculty Of Music|
Accredited until 31. 12. 2024